How to Join
Hampton Life Saving Club is a great organisation to join, whether you want to help make Victoria's beaches safer, keep fit, compete or just come down and spend time with some great company.
We currently have about 900 members, but only 100 of that are active life savers, and we do appreciate a hand every now and then from everyone, especially on big days including Nipper events or other major Club fundraisers.
It's a great social scene at Hampton and everyone's friendly, so why not come down and join?
Membership renewal is now closed.
New Junior Members
Nipper membership for the current season is now closed.
Other membership queries should be directed to
2012/13 Membership Subscriptions are:
- Family: $220
- Active/General Family: $120 (please note this fee is by 'invitation only')
- Active Individual (patrolling over 15 years of age): $90
In addition, there is a Nipper Surcharge of $25 per Nipper.
New Members must pay a $20 new member registration fee in addition to the amounts above.
Our 900 members fall into one of the following Surf Lifesaving Membership types:
- Junior Activity Member (aged 5-13) – participates in the Nippers Program at HLSC – Please note that at least one parent must also be a member of the club.
- Cadet Member (aged 13-15) – participates in either Nippers and/or YIPS at HLSC. Must hold minimum life saving qualification of Surf Rescue Certificate and requalify annually.
- Active Junior Member (ages 15-18) – participates in YIPS and/or patrols at HLSC. Must hold minimum life saving qualification of Bronze Medallion and requalify annually. Active Junior Members have voting rights.
- Active Senior Member (over 18) – a patrolling Lifesaver and/or Water Safety Officer at HLSC. Must hold minimum Bronze Medallion and requalify annually. Active members have voting rights and must have a current Working with Children Check registered to HLSC.
- Life Member – as granted by the Board and membership at an Annual General Meeting. Life Members must have a current Working with Children Check registered to HLSC. Life Members do not normally have voting rights.
- Active General Member – any member who does not fit the above categories, who is an office bearer, or holds a non-patrolling qualification (such as Age Group Manager or Competition Official). Active General Members over the age of 15 have voting rights. Active General Members over the age of 18 must have a current Working with Children Check registered to HLSC.
- Associate Member - any other member who does not fit in the categories above (this includes dependent children who do not participate in either Nippers or YIPs). Associate Members do not have voting rights. Associate Members over the age of 18 must have a current Working with Children Check registered to HLSC.